Having accurate data that you can analyse is crucial to making informed business decisions. Here are some truly inspirational data quotes which give great insight into why having accurate numbers at your fingertips is so crucial.
1. “Data is a precious thing and will last longer than the systems themselves.”
Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the World Wide Web. (25 things you might not know about the world wide web.)
2. “Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all.”
Charles Babbage, inventor and mathematician.
3. “If the statistics are boring, you’ve got the wrong numbers.”
Edward Tufte, Professor emeritus of political science, statistics, and computer science at Yale University.
4. “Without data you’re just another person with an opinion.”
Edwards Deming, Statistician
5. “Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted.”
Albert Einstein, Physicist. (Here are 20 things you need to know about Einstein.)
6. “The ability to take data – to be able to understand it, to process it, to extract value from it, to visualise it, to communicate it – is going to be a hugely important skill in the next decades.”
Hal Varian, Chief Economist, Google.
7. “I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
Arthur Conan Doyle, Writer and Physician. (Read 19 things you didn’t know about Arthur Conan Doyle.)
8.“There are lies, damned lies and statistics.”
Mark Twain, Author.
9.“Torture the data and it will confess to anything.”
Ronald Coase, Economist and Author.
10. “Data! Data Data! I can’t make bricks without clay!”
Arthur Conan Doyle, Writer and Physician
Subscribe to our blog so you can get our next post sent straight to your inbox.